This option uses the bank account validation service provided by the payment provider, for example Netcash, and validates the bank account number, branch code and account type combination of the client. Take note that this process is typically used on an ad-hoc basis to make sure that the account details are valid for the particular banking institution. This process does not save bank account details to Billdozer.
When uploading a debit order batch file, bank account validation makes sure all bank account details are valid for the respective bank before submission. Invalid bank account details are identified in real-time before processing takes place.
Note: This service validates bank account details only, it does NOT validate that the account exists.
To validate bank account details:
- Click Validate Bank Account on the Client Management screen. The Bank Account Validation screen is displayed.
- Complete the following fields:
- Payment Type – Choose the Bank Account or Credit Card radio button as required.
- Verify Bank Account – Check the check box if you want to verify the bank account. Note that this will incur additional bank charges as determined by the specific financial institution.
- Bank Name – Choose from the drop-down list.
- Other Bank Name – Enter the bank name if the ‘Other’ option was selected above.
- Branch Code – The bank’s universal branch code. Universal branch codes are populated automatically depending on the bank selected.
- Bank Account Number – The bank account number.
- Bank Account Name – The name of the account holder.
- Bank Account Type – Choose the relevant bank account type from the drop-down list, namely Cheque, Savings or Transmission.
- Click Validate when complete to validate the bank account, or x Close to exit.