The recurring invoices feature allows you to create a single recurring charge with the added benefit of being able to create multiple line items per charge. The contract management feature, however, allows you to have multiple charges, each with different frequencies and amounts – see Contact Management if required.
By default this screen lists all available client contracts, and also allows you to create the required charge for the selected contract. If the client does not have a contract, then one is automatically created when the recurring invoice is saved. Information is provided under the following headings:
- ID – the identification number for the recurring invoice. Click the View Recurring Invoice (magnifying glass) icon next to the ID number to open a detailed view of the selected invoice.
- Active – The status of the contract, Active (green tick) or Inactive (red cross).
- Account – The account number of the recurring invoice.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Contract – The contract number.
- Type – The invoice type, for instance Recurring.
- Run on – The initial run date of the recurring invoice.
- Term – The term for the recurring invoice, for example 12 months, 24 months.
- End – The projected end date of the recurring invoice.
- Amount – The amount outstanding on the recurring invoice, that is money that must still be paid.
Note: Filter the list on the required column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
Invoices are automatically generated by the Billdozer charge service, which runs every hour.
Note: If you need to urgently process a batch of invoices for payment, you can manually trigger the charge service to initiate the immediate generation of invoices. Do this by clicking the Process Recurring Invoices button located next to the Create Recurring Invoice button.