Depending on how you configured this option upon registration, Billdozer will either automatically allocate receipts to the oldest unpaid invoices (Automatic – oldest first) or you will be able to select which invoices to allocate the money to (Manually allocate). You can change this setting after registration, see Merchant/Billing Rules – Accounting rules tab.
By default this screen displays existing receipts allocated to invoices. It also allows you to generate and allocate a new receipt to indicate payment against a specific invoice.
You can filter the list items to display if required by selecting the required radio button, Show All – to return all receipts, Unallocated – to return a list of receipts with amounts that are unallocated only, or Allocated – to return a list of receipts with amounts that have been allocated.
Note: Filter the list on the required column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
Receipt Information is provided under the following headings:
- Date issued – Shows the date on which the receipt was issued. Click the required View Receipt (magnifying glass) icon next to the date to open a detailed view of the selected receipt.
- Actions – Provides various options relating to the management of specific client invoices. Click the required Actions down arrow and select the required option from the drop-down list, namely:
- Download Pdf – Creates a pdf output of the selected receipt for viewing purposes.
- Send – Opens an Email RECEIPT dialogue, which allows you to select email recipients, choose an email template, enter comments and upload attachments (if required). Click Email when complete to email the selected receipt, or click Close to exit.
- Account – The account number of the receipt.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Contract – The client’s contract number.
- source – Indicates from which account payment was made.
- receipt # – The receipt number.
- Total – Indicates the total amount for which the receipt was made.
- Unallocated – Indicates that the receipt was not allocated to the invoice. Click Edit and then click Allocate to allocate the receipt to the associated invoice.
- Status – Indicates the status of the receipt.
- Sent – An envelope icon is displayed in this column if the receipt has been emailed to the client. This indicates the date and time that the receipt was emailed to the client.
Note: You can also create a quick receipt directly from a specific invoice if required (see Invoice Management/Actions/Quick Receipt).