Debit notes represent a reversal of a transaction such as a debit order rejection or a credit card charge back.
Billdozer automatically creates debit notes when it reconciles payments.
You can also manually create and send a debit note to clients. Once a debit note is created it can be sent either manually or as an automated email notification (see Messaging tab for details).
You can filter the list items to display if required by selecting the required radio button, Show All – to return all debit notes, with outstanding amount – to return a list of debit notes that still have an outstanding amount, or no outstanding amount – to return a list of debit notes that have no outstanding amount. Additional list filtering can be done by Account, Client, Contract or Ref column as described below.
By default this screen displays all debit notes that have been created for clients. Information is provided under the following headings:
- Date issued – Shows the date on which the debit note was issued. Click the View Debit Note (magnifying glass) icon next to the date to open a detailed view of the selected debit note.
- Account – The account number to which the debit note applies.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Contract – The client contract number, which will be associated with the debit note.
- Ref – The reference number of the debit note.
- Info – Additional information entered in the Info field on the debit note to provide supplementary information about the debit note.
- Total – The total of the debit note.
- Pmnt – The payment status of the debit note, for example, Paid, Unpaid, Part-Paid, and so on.
- O/s – The amount still outstanding on the original invoiced amount.
Note: Filter the list by column heading if required (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).