A credit note is typically issued to correct errors made in a sales invoice, which has already been processed and sent to a client. For example if you issued an invoice for R1100 for an item when the correct price should have been R1000, you can issue a credit note to the client and give credit for the R100 that was overcharged.
Billdozer makes it easy to create and send credit notes to clients. Once a credit note is created it can be sent either manually or as an automated email notification (see Messaging tab for details).
By default this screen displays all credit notes that have been created for clients. Information is provided under the following headings:
- Date issued – Shows the date on which the credit note was issued. Click the required View Credit Note (magnifying glass) icon to open a detailed view of the selected credit note.
- Actions – Provides various options relating to the management of specific client credit notes. Click the required Actions down arrow and select the required option from the drop-down list, namely:
- Download Pdf – Creates a pdf output of the selected credit note for viewing purposes.
- Send – Opens an Email Credit Note dialogue, which allows you to select email recipients, choose an email template, enter comments and upload attachments (if required). Click Email when complete to email the selected credit note, or click Close to exit.
- Account – The account number to which the credit note applies.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Contract – The client contract number, which will be associated with the credit note.
- Ref – The reference number of the credit note.
- Info – Additional information entered in the Info field on the credit note to provide supplementary information about the credit note.
- Total – The total of the credit note.
- Pmnt – The payment status of the credit note, for example, Paid, Unpaid, Part-Paid, and so on
- O/s – The amount still outstanding on the original invoiced amount.
Note: Filter the list on the required column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
Click the required arrow button to navigate to another screen if required.