Create a receipt for a specific invoice as follows:
- Search, by either Account Number or Name, for the client for whom you want to create a receipt, and click select to open the Receipt screen.
- Create the receipt by entering the required information in the following fields:
- Click in the Date field, and select the date on which you want to issue the receipt from the resultant calendar view.
- From the drop-down list, select the contract to which to assign the receipt.
- Enter the required information in the Info text field. This is supplementary information that is displayed on the receipt.
- In the Bank account field, select the required bank account from the drop-down list. The bank accounts displayed are those created via Merchant > Branding > Bank Accounts.
- In the Receipt amount field, enter the required receipt amount.
- Click Recalculate (if required) to view the outstanding balance (original invoice amount less payment amount on receipt) – only applicable to manually allocated receipts.
- Click Clear allocations (if required) – only applicable to manually allocated receipts.
- Click allocate next to the required invoice in order to allocate the receipt against the specified invoice – only applicable to manually allocated receipts.
- Click Save and Close when complete to create the receipt.
- Send the created receipt as required by choosing the Actions/Send option for the required receipt on the Receipt Management screen. When sent, an envelope icon appears in the Sent column showing the date and time the receipt was sent. See also Receipt Management > Actions column for more details.
Note: You can also create a quick receipt directly from a specific invoice if required (see Invoice Management/Actions/Quick Receipt).