Billdozer makes it easy to create and send invoices to clients. Once an invoice is created it can be sent either manually or as an automated email notification (see Messaging tab for details).
By default this screen displays all invoices that have been created for clients. Information is provided under the following headings:
- Date issued – Shows the date on which the invoice was issued. Click the View Invoice (magnifying glass) icon next to the date to open a detailed view of the selected invoice. If the invoice has already been sent, you can only view details of the invoice. If the invoice has not yet been sent, you can still update certain invoice details, as well as the client address that will be displayed on the invoice (see Edit Invoice below).
- Actions – Provides various options relating to the management of specific client invoices. Click the Actions down-arrow and select the required option from the drop-down list, namely:
- Quick receipt – Allows you to create a quick receipt for an invoice if a payment (or part payment) has been received. See also Create Receipt.
- Add/Move to batch – Moves the selected invoice to the selected batch for batch collection.
- Download Pdf – Creates a pdf output of the selected invoice for viewing purposes.
- Send – Opens an Email invoice dialogue, which allows you to select email recipients, choose an email template, enter comments and upload attachments (if required). Click Email when complete to email the selected invoice, or click Close to exit.
- Copy – Allows you to make a copy of the selected invoice. You can quickly create a new invoice by making changes to the copied invoice.
- View applied – Allows you to view all documents received that are associated with this invoice, this includes debit notes, credit notes, receipts (for partial payments), and so on.
- Account – The account number of the invoice.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Contract – The contract number.
- Batch – Shows the payment collection date of the batch to which the invoice belongs.
- Ref – The reference number of the invoice.
- Info – Additional information entered in the Info field on the invoice to provide supplementary information about the invoice.
- Total – The total of the invoice.
- Pmnt – The payment status of the invoice, for example, Paid, Unpaid, Part-Paid, and so on.
- O/s – The amount still outstanding on the invoice (if applicable).
Note: Filter the list on the required column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
Hover your mouse pointer over the required envelope icon to view the date on which the invoice was sent.
Note: Invoices can be exported if required from the Reports > Invoices screen.
Note: You can only edit invoice details if the invoice has not yet been sent to the client.
- Click View Invoice in the Date Issued column of the invoice that you want to edit.
- Click Edit to edit the invoice details.
- Click the pen icon next to the relevant line item if you want to edit line item details. Click the ‘tick’ to accept the changes or the ‘x’ to exit the edit line item mode.
- Edit other details as required.
- If the client address has changed, click the Address button to update the client address on the invoice by synchronizing it with the address details that were updated on the Client Addresses tab on the Client Management/Client Details screen.
- Click Save and Close when complete to save the updated invoice details/client address.