The Failed Collection screen provides you with a list of client contracts that were not successfully collected by debit order. Choose the required radio button to filter the list to display the failed collections according to the following criteria:
- Show All – displays all failed account collections (irrespective of the number of failures).
- 1 fail – only displays account collections that failed on one occasion.
- 2 failed – only displays account collections that failed on two occasions.
- 3 failed – only displays account collections that failed on three occasions.
- 4+ failed – only displays account collections that failed on four or more occasions.
This filtering method can assist you in gathering payment trends for clients so that you can follow-up with client arrears in the most appropriate and effective manner. For example, if a client has missed three or four payments, you will most likely treat that client in a different manner to a client that has only missed one payment.
Note: Additional filtering and ordering can be done on certain column headings (see Common Tasks for more details if required).
Details of the failed collections are displayed under the following headings:
- Action – Choose the required option:
- Create Note – Click Create Note if you want Billdozer to attach a note to the account in connection with the client account.
- Reprocess Arrears Invoices – Allows you to reprocess failed invoices by adding them to another batch for collection.
- Quick Receipt – Allows you to issue a receipt to the client if they have paid.
- Arrears Collection Policy – Allows you to specify an amount, or a percentage of the arrears, that must be paid in addition to the current payments, until the arrears amount has been paid up. Once the arrears has been paid up, Billdozer automatically deactivates the arrears collection policy.
- Client details – View/edit as required.
- Contract management – View/edit as required.
- Transactions – View client transactions as required.
- Account Number
- Contract Number
- Effective Date
- End Date
- Col on
- Last Contact
- Last Contacted By
- Follow Up Date
- Outstanding Balance
- Last Note