This option validates bank account or credit card details provided by the client. Take note that this process is typically used on an ad-hoc basis to make sure that the account details are valid for a particular banking institution. This process does not save bank account details to Billdozer.
Invalid bank account or credit card details are identified in real-time.
Note: This service validates bank account or credit card details only, it does NOT verify that the account actually exists.
To validate bank account or credit card details:
- Click Bank or Credit Card Validation on the Dashboard.
- Choose the Payment Type Bank Account or Credit Card radio button as required.
- To validate a bank account, complete the following fields:
- Bank Name – Choose from the drop-down list.
- Other Bank Name – Enter the bank name if the ‘Other’ option was selected above.
- Branch Code – The bank’s universal branch code. Universal branch codes are populated automatically depending on the bank selected.
- Bank Account Number – The bank account number.
- Bank Account Name – The name of the account holder.
- Bank Account Type – Choose the relevant bank account type from the drop-down list, namely Cheque, Savings or Transmission.
- To validate credit card details, complete the following fields:
- Card number – The credit card number.
- Name on card – The cardholder name printed on the front of the card.
- Expiry date – The card expiry date month and year.
- Card Type – Choose from the drop-down list, namely VISA or MASTERCARD.
- Click Validate when complete to see if the bank account or credit card details are valid. Billdozer returns a “Bank Validation Successful” or “Credit Card Validation Successful” message if the details are valid. If invalid, Billdozer returns an error message describing the error, for example “Account number failed check digit validation”. Click x Clear to clear the selections and start again.