Once connected with a Xero account (via an OAuth 2.0 token), Billdozer can extract invoices for collections management. The Xero customer contacts are imported into Billdozer as Clients, along with product codes and invoices. During the initial setup process (see below), Xero bank accounts must be mapped to the existing Sage Pay and other bank accounts in Billdozer.
To mark a Client for debit order collection in Billdozer, the bank and credit card data must be added (see Clients > Client Collections ). Bank accounts are validated and credit cards tokenized via the configured payment gateway. Additionally the collect flag must be set (using Mark for debit order), the Client’s invoices are then automatically batched for collection on the due date. If a client is un-marked for collection, Billdozer will not perform debit order collection for that client, and newly imported invoices will not be batched.
To reconcile in Xero, the merchant statement can be downloaded in csv format (see Provider Statements).
Once Xero has been added as your accounting system (see Accounting System if required) you can integrate it with Billdozer as follows:
Due to the enhanced security measures in Billdozer, we recommend that you capture and store client banking details in Billdozer and not in Xero.
- Choose General Settings > Accounting System. The XERO Settings screen is displayed.
- Click Authorize Billdozer to connect Billdozer to your Xero account.
- Log in to your Xero account to authorize connection with Billdozer. Once complete, you are returned to Billdozer.
- Make sure your bank accounts are mapped to your Payment Gateways and Bank Accounts configured in Billdozer. See also Step 8 (Add Payment Method) below.
- Click in the Fetch invoices after field and enter the month and date from which to retrieve invoices from Xero by selecting from the calendar view.
- You can use the invoice reference field in Xero to control which invoices get collected by debit order. Click on the Debit Order Invoice Reference Identifier field and enter a value, which will be used to filter the invoices that are pulled in. For example, if you enter “DO” into this field, then only those invoices that have a reference starting with that text (for example “DO monthly service invoice”) will get pulled into Billdozer.
- Click Synchronize Now to pull the contacts, as well as the associated items and invoices from Xero into Billdozer. This is done so that all line item codes are in Billdozer so the invoices can be re-created.
- Before adding or moving invoices to a batch for collection, you must configure the required payment options for the client invoices pulled from your Xero accounting system:
- Choose Clients > Client Collections, click Actions > Select – next to the relevant invoice and choose Mark (or Un-Mark) For Debit Order Collection from the drop-down. See About Client Collections for more information if required.
- Choose Clients > Client Collections, click Actions > Select – next to the relevant invoice and choose Add Payment Method to configure banking details for the respective clients. See About Payment Methods > Add Payment Method for more information if required.
Once all data has been pulled into Billdozer, the new clients not yet marked for debit order collection are displayed on the Clients > Client Collections screen (see Step 8 below). Client invoices can also be viewed and added/moved to a batch to be sent for payment from the Accounting > Invoice Management screen.