Note: Before you can import client data you must first export the client data from an existing data source such as pastel or an Excel spreadsheet, into csv format.
- Click Import > Client Data Import. The Imported Data Batches screen is displayed.
- Click Import. The Client Data Import screen is displayed.
- Choose the upload type from the Upload types: drop-down list, namely; Client, Client Contact, Contract, Bank Details, or Recurring Invoice.
- Click + Choose to open the Windows Explorer dialogue.
- Navigate to the directory, select the client data csv file to import and click Open.
- If you are importing client data for the first time, click Import – new config and configure the following OR continue with step 8:
- Enter the name in the Upload Configuration Name text box.
- Choose the dd/MM/yyyy date format from the Input Date Format drop-down list.
- Check (tick) the Ignore first row check box.
- Click Assign column on each of the available columns, and assign the column name from the drop-down list. These must match the columns on the imported client data file. The number of columns available depends on the type of client data that you are importing.
- Click Save Configuration when complete.
- Click Edit Configuration and edit the configured columns only if necessary.
- Click Import to import the selected client data in the selected column format.
- If you want to import client data using an existing configuration, select the template from the Existing upload configurations: drop-down and click Import – existing config. See also Upload Templates.
- The status and progress of the imported client data is displayed on the Imported Data Batches screen.
- Repeat steps 1 to 8 if necessary to import all the client data upload types.
The imported data is used to automatically populate the fields on the associated Billdozer screen, for example Clients > Contact Persons, Clients > Client details, and so on.