If you make a mistake when issuing or allocating a receipt, Billdozer allows you to correct the error by unallocating the receipt and then either deleting or reallocating it. For example:
- When a receipt has been created against the wrong client, you need to unallocate the receipt and then delete it.
- When a receipt has been created for the correct client but allocated to the incorrect invoice, you can unallocate the receipt and then reallocate it to the correct invoice.
- Click Accounting > Receipt Management.
- Locate the receipt, and click Select > View Receipt from the Actions column. The Receipt screen is displayed.
- Click Clear allocation to reverse the receipt allocation and to revert the invoice to the ‘unpaid’ status. A confirmation dialogue is displayed, click Yes to continue. The receipt is unallocated.
- Click Delete to delete the specific receipt, OR click Edit and then Allocate to allocate the receipt amount to another invoice (see step 5).
- If you want to reallocate the receipt, click Allocate in the Allocate column next to invoice to which you want to allocate the receipt.
- Click Save and close when complete.
Note: Filter the list by column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).