- Click Accounting > Invoice Management > Create Invoice to open the Invoice screen.
- Search, by either Account Number or Name, for the client for whom you want to create an invoice, and click select to open the Invoice screen for the specific client.
- Create the invoice by completing the following fields:
- Click the Date icon next to the Date issued: field and select the date on which you want to issue the invoice.
- Click the Date icon next to the Date due: field and select the invoice due date.
- Enter information in the Info text field. This is supplementary information that is displayed on the invoice.
- Click in the Delivery date field and select the invoice delivery date from the resultant calendar view.
- Enter information in the Item Code, Item Description, Quantity, Taxable and Unit Amount (Incl Tax or Excl Tax) – field is dependent on your tax configuration setting, and click Add Item when complete.
Billdozer automatically displays the total cost for the item. Note that it is best practice to check the Taxable check box at all times (whether or not you are charging tax), unless you are certain that the line item in question is exempt from tax. If the check box is checked then Billdozer automatically starts adding tax to line items from the time the Merchant changes from a non-charging tax status to a charging tax status. If left unchecked, and a previously non-tax registered merchant starts to charge tax, they will have to manually edit all their existing recurring invoices because Billdozer will not add tax. See Tax for more information on configuring your system for tax..
Note: If you have already completed a list of item codes for your company (as described under Item Codes), you can click the arrow next to the Item Code field, and select each item to include on the invoice from the drop-down list.
- Add more items if necessary. The total is updated to show the total for all items. To edit an item, click the Edit Item (pen icon) next to the item and edit the fields. To delete an item from the item list click the Delete Item (trashcan icon) next to the item you want to delete. Reports can be generated on line items (item codes and description) to help identify, for example, which items are generating the most income and at what time of the month – see Line Items for details on this report.
- Enter information in the Comments and Data fields, and then select the invoice template from the Document drop-down list. The displayed invoice templates are those created under General Settings > Branding > Templates.
- Click Save and Close when complete to create the invoice.
Once an invoice has been created it will be sent automatically or manually depending on your email settings (see Messaging > Automated Email).
Note: If you added an incorrect invoice item entry you can delete the item before saving the invoice. You can then re-enter the item with the correct details.