Users can be created and configured to have specific ‘privileges’ or ‘permissions’, which are a set of operations the user is authorized to perform. There are two categories of user: one category of user has read/write access to all Billdozer functions/operations, and the other category of user has limited access to pre-selected functions/operations only. If, as a user, you are not authorized for certain tasks, the related menu items are disabled and hidden from your view. An additional feature includes the option of only providing users access to invoices they have created.
Access permission are set up by the merchant’s Administrator. If you are not able to access the tasks that your role requires, consult your Administrator.
To configure specific permissions (read or read/write) for your staff for each type of transaction:
- Select the General Settings tab in the top navigation menu. The User Management screen is displayed.
- Click Create User. The Create User screen is displayed.
- Enter the user details, fields include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Password – Your password must meet certain password strength criteria. The password strength is displayed in bar form, for instance “Password is weak”, “Password is good, and “Password is strong”.
- Verify password – Re-enter your password to confirm.
- Email Address – the email address of the user.
- Landline number – the 10 digit telephone number of the user.
- Mobile number – the mobile number of the user
- API User? – Select (check) this check box if this user is going to access their user account remotely by interfacing with Billdozer Web services.
- Select the access permissions for the user to determine what actions they can perform in your system:
- Everything – Typically used to configure your system administrators and provide them with full read/write access to all system functionality, for instance: Clients, Accounting, Batch Collections, Arrears Management, Reports/Export, Messaging, Import, Client Zone.
- Specify – Check each check box to provide the selected functionality for the specific user. Note that the Accounting option exposes additional permission check boxes, namely: Delete Accounting Transactions, Edit Accounting Transactions and Only view invoices that the user has created.
- If applicable (Billdozer admin users for Sage Pay Payment Provider only), you can enter the relevant payment solutions provider user credentials. This allows you to authorize an invoice batch to be paid via Sage Pay.
- Click Save when complete.