- Click Create Repeating Invoice to open the Repeating Invoice screen.
- Search, by either Account Number or Name, for the client for whom you want to create a repeating invoice.
- Create the repeating invoice for the selected client by completing the following fields:
- Choose the person to whom you want to assign the contract from the Assign to contract drop-down list.
- Choose the contract escalation from the Escalation drop-down. Available contract escalations are those configured under Clients > Contract Escalations.
- Choose the sales consultant who initiated the repeating invoice from the Sales Consultant drop-down list.
- Enter information in the Invoice Info: text field. This is supplementary information that is displayed on the repeating invoice.
- In the Recurrence section of the screen:
- Check the Active check box if you want the repeating invoice to be in the Active state.
- Click in the Run Date field and select the date on which you want to generate the repeating invoice.
- Enter the Term (months) for the repeating invoice to determine for how long the repeating invoice remains active, for example 6 months, 12 months, 24 months.
- Choose the Run Interval (Weekly, Monthly, Annually, or Other) to determine how often the repeating invoice will run. If Weekly, choose the day on which to initiate the repeating invoice, for example Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and so on. If Other, choose the month/s on which to initiate the repeating invoice, for example January and July (for a bi-annual repeating invoice), or March, June, September and December (for a Quarterly repeating invoice), and so on.
- In the Item Details section of the screen, enter the following information:
- Advanced Options – Check this check box only if the repeated invoice has a ‘Term’ of 1 or more. This exposes the ‘Term’, ‘End’ and ‘Usage’ fields (see below).
- Unit Price – this field is dependent on your tax configuration setting (see Amount Excl and Tax filed below).
- Amount Excl
- Term – this allows you to create a separate term (in months) for each individual line item as required. Note that a value of ‘0’ indicates that the term for the specific line item will continue until the actual term for the repeating invoice has elapsed (as set under Term[months] in the Recurrence section of the screen). Only applicable if the Advanced Options check box is checked.
- End – Only applicable if the Advanced Options check box is checked.
- Usage – Only applicable if the Advanced Options check box is checked.
- Taxable – check this checkbox if the item is taxable.
- Display Expired Items – Check this check box if you want to view items that have already expired, i.e. that have exceeded the term for that specific line item.
- Click Add Item when complete.
- Add more items if required. The total is updated to show the total for all items. To edit an item, click the pen icon next to the item and edit the fields. To delete an item from the item list click the trashcan icon next to the item you want to delete. If you added an incorrect invoice item entry you can delete the item before saving the repeating invoice. You can then re-enter the item with the correct details.
- In the Payment collection section of the screen, enter the payment collection details to determine how payment will be collected as follows:
- Check the Collect payment with contract check box if you want the client to be able to pay the invoice by clicking a payment link from within the invoice.
- Configure the collection parameters, namely Collect on which day of the month (1 to 30, or Last day) – select from the drop-down box, Payment Method – select from the drop-down box. If there are no options available, or if you want to add alternate banking details, click the add payment method link to create additional payment methods. Note that if you check the Verify Bank Account check box the configured bank account will be verified against the Identifier. This verification process incurs additional bank costs. Click Save to save each payment method.
If the payment collection day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then choose the day (either Friday or Sunday) on which to collect payment from the drop-down list.
Billdozer automatically displays the total cost for the item. Note that we recommend that you check the Taxable check box (whether or not you are charging tax – see Tax, unless you are certain that the line item in question is exempt from tax. If the check box is checked then Billdozer automatically starts adding tax to line items from the time the Merchant changes from a non-charging tax status to a charging tax status. If left unchecked, and a previously non-tax registered merchant starts to charge tax, they will have to manually edit all their existing repeating invoices because Billdozer will not add tax. See Tax for more information on configuring your system for tax.
Note: If you have already completed a list of item codes for your company (as described under Item Codes), you can click the arrow next to the Item Code field, and select each item to include on the invoice from the drop-down list.
Note: Upon saving the repeating invoice, the 1st invoice will be generated immediately if it is due within the number of days specified under General Settings > Billing Rules > Invoicing tab – # Days in advance to generate invoices field.
Invoices are also automatically generated by the Billdozer charge service, which runs every hour.