Create a receipt for a specific invoice as follows:
- Click Create Receipt from either the Invoice Management or Receipt Management screen to open the Receipt screen.
- Search, by either Account Number or Name, for the client for whom you want to create a receipt, and click select to open the Receipt screen for the specific client.
- Create the receipt by completing the following fields:
- Click in the Date field, and select the date on which you want to issue the receipt from the resultant calendar view.
- From the drop-down list, select the contract to which to assign the receipt.
- Enter information in the Info text field. This is supplementary information that is displayed on the receipt.
- In the Bank account field, select the bank account from the drop-down list. The bank accounts displayed are those created via General Settings > Bank Accounts.
- In the Receipt amount. field, enter the receipt amount.
- Click Recalculate to view the outstanding balance (original invoice amount less payment amount on receipt) – only applicable to manually allocated receipts.
- Click Clear allocations – only applicable to manually allocated receipts.
- Click allocate next to the invoice in order to allocate the receipt against the specified invoice – only applicable to manually allocated receipts.
- Click Save and Close when complete to create the receipt.
- Send the created receipt by choosing the Actions – Send option for the relevant receipt on the Receipt Management screen. After it has been sent, an envelope icon appears in the Sent column showing the date and time the receipt was sent. See also Receipt Management – Actions column for more details.
Note: You can also create a receipt directly from a specific invoice (see Invoice Management – Actions – Receipt field).
Was this article helpful?
You must log in to vote