This screen displays a list of all failed emails sent by Billdozer. Information is provided under the following headings:
Note: To help search for a specific email, you can filter and order by column (see Common Tasks).
- Date Created
- Recipient – If the email address of a client has changed, you can edit it and resend the email (see Change Email Address below).
Failed emails can be caused by either temporary failures (450 or 451 codes) or permanent failures. Typical error messages and codes include:
- 05/05/2015 firstname.lastname@example.org MXlookup failed
- 05/05/21 email@example.com 450 4.2.0 <firstname.lastname@example.org> : Recipient address rejected: Greylisted, see http://postgrey.schweikert.ch/help/name.co.za.html
You can manage failed emails in one of three ways:
- Delete – If, for example, you know the intended recipient did receive the email, delete the failed email by clicking the Delete Failed Email (trashcan) icon next to the relevant failed email.
- Resend – You can normally resolve temporary failures (450/451 ‘Greylisted’ error messages) simply by resending the email.
- Edit and Correct – Permanent failures may be caused by an invalid recipient email address. Choose this option to edit the email address and then resend it (see Change Email Address below).
Change Email Address
- Click the edit (pen) icon to next to the email address that you want to change.
- Edit the recipient email address.
- Click the edit (pen) icon to confirm the changed email address or click x to cancel the change. If confirmed, the email address of the contact person is also automatically updated on the Clients > Contact Persons > Client Details view.
- Click the Resend Failed Email (envelope) icon to resend the failed email to the recipient’s updated email address.