Depending on how you configured this option upon registration, Billdozer will either automatically allocate receipts to the oldest unpaid invoices (Automatic – oldest first) or you will be able to select which invoices to allocate the money to (Manually allocate). You can change this setting after registration, see General Settings > Billing Rules > Accounting rules tab.
Click in the Date Issued From and To fields and select the dates from the respective calendars to determine the receipts you want to display. Click Go to generate a list of all receipts issued within the selected date range.
By default this screen displays existing receipts allocated to invoices. It also allows you to generate and allocate a new receipt to indicate payment against a specific invoice.
You can filter the list items to display by selecting the radio button, Show All – to return all receipts, Unallocated – to return a list of receipts with amounts that are unallocated only, or Allocated – to return a list of receipts with amounts that have been allocated.
The Re-process Unallocated button allows you to allocate receipts that have outstanding amounts to any new invoices. The total number of invoices that are available for receipt allocation is shown next to this button.
Note: Filter the list by column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
Receipt Information is provided under the following headings:
- Actions – Provides various options relating to the management of specific client invoices. Click Select and choose an option from the drop-down list, namely:
- View Receipt – Open a detailed view of the selected receipt. This view also allows you to manage incorrectly allocated receipts. See How to Fix Receipting Errors for more details.
- Download Pdf – Creates a pdf output of the selected receipt for viewing purposes.
- Email Receipt – Opens an Email RECEIPT dialogue, which allows you to select email recipients, choose an email template, enter comments and upload attachments (optional). Click Email when complete to email the selected receipt, or click Close to exit.
- Date issued – Shows the date on which the receipt was issued.
- Account – The account number of the receipt.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Contract – The client’s contract number.
- source – Indicates from which account payment was made.
- receipt # – The receipt number.
- Total – Indicates the total amount for which the receipt was made.
- Unallocated – Indicates that the receipt amount was not allocated to an invoice. Click Select > View Receipt from the Actions column next to the relevant receipt, click Edit, and then click Allocate to allocate the receipt to the correct invoice.
- Status – Indicates the status of the receipt.
- Emailed – An envelope icon is displayed in this column if the receipt has been emailed to the client. This indicates the date and time that the receipt was emailed to the client.
- Billdozer Id – The Billdozer Id is only relevant to clients who interact with Billdozer via Web Services, and is used to update clients. It is automatically generated by Billdozer, and uniquely identifies each client.
Note: You can also create a receipt directly from a specific invoice (see Accounting > Invoice Management – Select – Create Receipt).
Click the Export as (csv) icon if you want to export this receipt list to a format that can be viewed and edited in, for example, Microsoft Excel.