You can create a comprehensive list of item codes for each line item used by your company. This will facilitate a quicker and easier method of adding line items to an invoice or repeating invoice.
Created item codes are displayed under the following headings:
- Actions – Click the drop-down and choose the required option: Edit Item to edit the selected item (see Edit an Item below), Update active Repeating Invoices to include updated item information on currently active repeating invoices or Update Price on Unsent Invoices to include updated price information on invoices that must still be sent to clients.
- – Click to edit the selected item (see Edit an Item below).
- Code – the item code.
- Description – the item description.
- Unit Amount – the cost of the item.
- Taxable – Select the check box to include tax in the item cost.
- Escalate – Select the check box to adjust the item cost to include annual escalation for repeating invoices (see About Escalations).
- Term – Only used for items that incur initial costs, e.g. setup fees. Enter a ‘1’ to configure this fee for initial costs if required.
- Accounting Code – the general ledger code that matches this item in your accounting system.
- Immediate – Select the check box if the item must be invoiced immediately on the date that the repeating invoice was created (only applicable to items with a term value of ‘1’ (see field above).
- External Reference – Select the required external reference from the drop-down list, for example: Consulting, Subscription, Training, Support, and so on.
Edit an Item
- Select Edit Item from the drop-down in the Action column next to the item you want to edit. The Item Codes screen is displayed for the selected item.
- Edit the required fields (see Item Code field descriptions under How to Create an Item if required)
- Click Save when complete.
Quick Edit an Item
To quick edit an item in the item list:
- Click the pen icon next to the item that you want to edit.
- Edit the Code, Description, Unit Amount or other available fields (see also Item Code field descriptions under How to Create an Item if required).
- Click the tick (✓) to make the change/s or the cross (✗) to ignore the change/s.
Delete an Item
Click the Delete Item Code (trashcan) icon next to the item that you want to delete.
Information entered during the create or edit item process automatically populates the Item Description and Unit Amount Excl Tax fields when creating an invoice or repeating invoice as described under How to Create an Invoice or How to Create a Repeating Invoice respectively.