The General Settings tab allows you to setup your Billdozer system by configuring the following types of merchant information to suite your particular installation:
- Staff Management – a list of staff members who have access to your system – depending on permissions.
- Billing Rules – a set of billing rules to define your policy and prioritization requirements for payment collections
- Branding – manage your merchant details, including merchant branding (for templates as well as logos and images).
- Tax – configure how your Billdozer system manages tax when you generate invoices or recurring invoices.
- Miscellaneous Settings – Used on your company documents, such as invoices, receipts and statements. These include, Default Currency, Default Timezone, Bank Accounts, and Item Codes.
- Quick Notes – configure standard notes that can then be attached to clients as a reminder to perform a particular task.
- Card Prefix Validation – Card Prefix validation is specifically for merchants who collect payments via credit card. You can add a list of card prefixes that Billdozer will not accept. If a card
with such a prefix is captured, Billdozer will not allow it to be saved.
Third Party Integration
Billdozer offers seamless integration with numerous third-party applications, such as:
- Payment Gateways – configure payment providers, for example SagePay, Paygate, Payfast, and so on to integrate with Billdozer.
- Accounting System – allows you to associate an accounting system with Billdozer.
- Clickatell – Billdozer can set SMS notifications to clients when the collection of funds from their accounts fails.
- MailChimp – Billdozer can send client information to MailChimp. For instance, when you add a customer to Billdozer, the customer details are automatically synchronized with MailChimp. This saves you time in that you can manage your marketing mailing lists in one place only, without having to capture duplicate information.
By default, choosing the General Settings tab displays the Staff Management screen. This provides a list of all staff members who have permissions to access your system.