Debit notes represent a reversal of a transaction such as a debit order rejection or a credit card charge back.
Billdozer automatically creates debit notes when it reconciles payments.
You can also manually create and send a debit note to clients. Once a debit note is created it can be sent either manually or as an automated email notification (see Messaging tab for details).
You can filter the list items by selecting one of the following radio buttons: Show All – to return all debit notes, with outstanding amount – to return a list of debit notes that still have an outstanding amount, or no outstanding amount – to return a list of debit notes that have no outstanding amount. Additional list filtering can be done by Account, Client, Contract or Ref column as described below.
Click in the Date Issued From and To fields and select the dates from the respective calendars to determine the debit notes you want to display. Click Go to generate a list of all debit notes issued within the selected date range. Information is displayed under the following headings
By default this screen displays all debit notes that have been created for clients. Information is provided under the following headings:
- Actions – Provides various options relating to the management of specific client debit notes. Click the Actions down arrow and select from the drop-down list, namely:
- View Debit Note – opens a detailed view of the selected debit note. If the debit note has not yet been emailed to the client, you can still edit it by clicking Edit, making the changes and then clicking Save and Close.
- Download Pdf – Creates a pdf output of the selected debit note for viewing purposes.
- Email Debit Note – Opens an Email Debit Note dialogue, which allows you to select email recipients, choose an email template, enter comments and upload attachments. Click Email when complete to email the selected debit note, or click Close to exit.
- Date issued – Shows the date on which the debit note was issued.
- Account – The account number to which the debit note applies.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Contract – The client contract number, which will be associated with the debit note.
- Ref – The reference number of the debit note.
- Info – Additional information entered in the Info field on the debit note to provide supplementary information about the debit note.
- Total – The total of the debit note.
- Pmnt – The payment status of the debit note, for example, Paid, Unpaid, Part-Paid, and so on.
- Emailed – Indicates whether or not the debit note has been emailed to the client. If already emailed (envelope icon), it indicates the date and time that it was emailed.
- Billdozer Id – The Billdozer Id is only relevant to clients who interact with Billdozer via Web Services, and is used to update clients. It is automatically generated by Billdozer, and uniquely identifies each client.
Note: Filter the list by column heading (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
Click the Export as (csv) icon if you want to export this debit note list to a format that can be viewed and edited in, for example, Microsoft Excel.