Note: This option only allows you to view and edit your existing client contracts, which were generated by creating a repeating invoice for the client. Refer to How to Create a Repeating Invoice for information on how to create a repeating invoice (contract) for a client.
The client contract contains details such as the contract number, the sales consultant responsible for the contract and documentation that is linked to the contract. If the contract is to be collected, then it is linked to a payment method (bank details or credit card) that will be debited. The contract also specifies the day of the month on which collection will take place.
A client can have one or more contracts and a contract can have one or more charges linked to it. Billdozer uses the charges to generate an invoice on a recurring basis.
This screen allows you to view or edit existing client contracts. By default, choosing the Contract Management option displays a list of all existing contracts that you have created in the system. Information for each contract is provided under the following headings:
Note: If you cancel, suspend or activate a client contract, Billdozer automatically creates a follow-up note for the client contract in order to trigger a reminder of the impending action. See Follow-up Notes for more details if required.
- Actions – Provides a Select option to manage the specific client contract from a drop-down list, namely:
- View Contract – view and edit the client contract management details such as client information, payment methods as well as contract and charge details (see Edit Contract below)
- Cancel Contract – allows you to cancel a client contract and set the relevant cancellation details by setting the Date of last access to service and then clicking Cancel Contract. If a client contract is cancelled, Billdozer deactivates the repeating invoice and sets the end date. Cancelled contracts can be viewed by clicking Accounting > Repeating Invoices and choosing the Inactive only radio button. If you want a sales consultant to return commission paid for a particular cancelled contract, then check (enable) the Mark as sales commission clawback checkbox. See also Arrears Management > Clawback.
Note: When you cancel a Contract you automatically cancel all Repeating Invoices under that contract. Existing invoices under that contract can no longer be submitted for debit order because the contract and the payment method are no longer active. You also can’t create new Repeating Invoices for that client without either creating a new contract or reactivating the existing one. See also: Cancel Repeating Invoice under About Repeating Invoices and Deactivate Clients under About Client Management.
- Suspend Contract – allows you to suspend a client contract and set the relevant suspension details by setting the required Date of last access to service and Re-activation Date and then clicking Suspend Contract. If a client contract is suspended, Billdozer leaves the repeating invoice in the ‘active’ state, and puts a reactivate date on it. In this instance, Billdozer stops billing upon suspension, and only starts billing again once it reaches the reactivation date. Suspended contracts can be viewed by clicking Accounting > Repeating Invoices and choosing the Inactive only radio button. The date shown in the Activate on column indicates on which date the suspended contract will be activated again.
- Re-Activate Contract – Allows you to manually reactivate a suspended contact by entering a Reactivation date in the calendar view, and then clicking Activate Contract.
- Calculate Contract Value – Allows you to calculate the remaining value of the contract by taking all the line items on the repeating invoice that have a term and multiplying them out. See Calculate Contract Value for more information.
- Contract Number – The contract number.
- Active – Indicates whether the client contract is still active.
- Name – The client name.
- Sales consultant – The name of the sales consultant who ‘sold’ the contract to the client.
- Created – The date on which the contract was created.
- Collect on – The configured ‘collect’ date/day.
- Billdozer Id – The Billdozer Id is only relevant to clients who interact with Billdozer via Web Services, and is used to update clients. It is automatically generated by Billdozer, and uniquely identifies each client.
Note: Filter the list on the required column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
- Choose Select > View Contract from the Actions column next to the client contract that you want to edit.
- Edit the required fields on each tab (see below).
- Choose the Contract Management tab and confirm the contract management details as follows:
- On the Contract Details tab, verify the contract details such as Active (check box), Sales Consultant, Payment Method, Collection day if collection falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, and Collect on day, Contract Template, Attach File (to contract). Click Save when complete.
- On the Charge Details tab, verify the charge details. Refer to About Charge Management for information on how to view and edit a charge. Click + Add Charge and complete the required fields if you want to add a new charge. Click Add when complete.
- Choose the Payment Methods tab and confirm the payment methods. See About Payment Methods to see how to edit or add payment methods.
- Click Back when complete to return to the Contract Management screen.