To display only collected batches for a specific account number, enter the account number in the Filter on account number: field and press Enter.
This screen displays a list of invoice batches that have already been collected by the payment provider. Information is provided under the following headings:
- Actions – View Invoices in Batch, – opens a detailed view of the selected batch showing a breakdown of each invoice in the batch – see View Batch below for more details; Validate Batch – Validates the invoice batch ready for collection. If the invoice batch fails validation, error messages are displayed indicating the reasons why it failed. Non-permanent collection errors (highlighted in blue) can be corrected, and the batch can be re-submitted for collection; Merge with another batch – Opens a new dialogue from which you can select another batch to merge with this batch; Delete Invoice Batch – To delete the selected invoice batch.
- Batch Date – Displays the specified payment collection date for the invoice batch as selected when creating the invoice batch.
- Collection Date – The date on which the invoice batch was collected by the payment provider. Click Select > View Invoices in Batch in the Actions column next to the batch date to open a detailed view of the selected batch. See View Batch below.
- Id – The invoice batch identification number.
- Batch Type – 2 Day or Same Day, as configured on the Send for Payment dialogue.
- #items – The number of invoices included in this batch.
- Total Amount Incl Tax – The total amount collected on all invoices in this batch.
- Total Amount O/S – The total amount outstanding on all invoices in this batch.
- Created – The date on which the invoice batch was created.
- Status – The status of the batch, namely Open.
- Send for Payment – click this button to send this invoice batch to the payment provider for payment.
Click Select > View Invoices in Batch in the Action column next to the batch date to open a detailed view of the selected batch. A breakdown of each invoice in the batch is displayed. This includes details for each invoice, such as:
- Actions – Additional actions available for each invoice, these include: View Invoice – to view the selected invoice; Add/Move to Batch – to move this invoice to another batch; Remove from Batch – to remove the invoice from this batch; History Transactions – to view the transactions for the selected client.
- Date issued – the date that the invoice was issued. Click the View Invoice magnifying glass icon next to the date to open a detailed view of the selected invoice.
- Account – the account number of the invoice batch.
- Contract – the contract number of the invoice batch.
- Name – the client name.
- Invoice # – the invoice number for the specific invoice.
- Arrs – a check box to indicate if there is an arrears amount outstanding on the invoice.
- Total – the original total amount owed.
- O/s – the amount still outstanding.
- Status – the current status of the invoice. Click Select > Paid or Unpaid to display either only Paid or Unpaid invoices.
- Error Message – if validation failed.
Click Back to return to the previous screen showing invoice batches ready for collection.
The Collection Date is calculated using the following:
- Date issued of the invoice (see Accounting tab > Invoice Management – Date Issued field.
- Collection day specified on the contract, i.e. the Debit Day (see Contract Management – Collect on setting. Options are 1 to 30 or Last day.
- The Saturday and Sunday options on the contract (see Contract Management – Contract Details – Saturday and Sunday settings.
- The public holidays list (automatically configured by Billdozer).
Billdozer calculates/adjusts the following:
- Planned Collection Date – based on the nearest collection date after the invoice date issued. If the invoice date issued was 25/10/2014, and the Collection Day is ‘1’, then the planned Collection Date will be 01/11/2014.
- Actual Collection Date – If the Planned Collection Date falls on a weekend then Billdozer adjusts it based on the Saturday/Sunday settings of the contract. In this example the planned collection on 01/11/2014 is a Saturday, so if the Saturday setting is ‘Friday’, then collection will take place 1 day earlier. If the Saturday setting is ‘Monday’, then collection will take place 2 days later. In this example the Saturday setting is ‘Friday’, so the Actual Collection Date will be 30/10/2014.
- Adjust Actual Collection Date for public holidays – If the Actual Collection Date falls on a public holiday, then Billdozer will adjust the Collection Date to the closest available earlier date.
- Check Actual Collection Date is within range of Invoice Issued Date – If after the above weekend and public holiday checks the Actual Collection Date is more than 3 days prior to the date issued of the invoice, then Billdozer will make the Planned Collection Date 1 month later, and repeat steps 1 to 3 above. This is to prevent a debit order from being collected too early.