This option allows you to import various client data types into Billdozer using csv files exported from existing data sources such as Pastel. This greatly reduces the amount of time it takes to enter client (and associated) data into your Billdozer system. The following data types can be uploaded/imported into Billdozer:
- Client Contact
- Bank Details
- Recurring Invoice
Imported data is reformatted into a format recognized by Billdozer. Each upload type allows you to create the necessary columns for that specific data type. For example, the Client upload type allows you to create column headings such as Title, First Name, Identity Number, Email Address, Company name, Telephone landline, Telephone mobile, and so on.
The imported data is used to automatically populate the fields on the associated Billdozer screen, for example Clients > Contact Persons, Clients > Client details, and so on.
The Imported Data Batches screen displays all client data batches imported into Billdozer. Information is displayed under the following headings:
- Batch Number – The client data batch number.
- Created Date – The date on which the client data was imported.
- Created by – The name of the person who imported the client data.
- Stage – The stage of the import process, for example Import.
- Status – The import status, for example Started, Complete, Failed.
- Progress – A progress bar that displays the percent complete progress of the client data import process (0 to 100%).
- Type – The import type, for instance Client.
- # – The number of client records imported.
- Batch Total – The batch total.
- Log – The Log hyperlink displays the import log from start to finish, and is typically used to help isolate errors in the client data import process.