The Client Age Analysis screen provides you with a status summary for each of your client accounts. Choose a radio button to filter the list to display the client accounts according to the following criteria:
- All – displays all client accounts (irrespective of whether the account is in arrears or not).
- 30 Days – only displays accounts that have been in arrears for 30 days (or less).
- 60 Days – only displays accounts that have been in arrears for 60 days (or less).
- 90 Days – only displays accounts that have been in arrears for 90 days (or less).
- 120+ Days – only displays accounts that have been in arrears for 120 days (or more).
- No outstanding balance only displays accounts that have no outstanding balances
Note: Additional filtering on this list can be done by column heading (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists).
View Client Age Analysis
Client age analysis information is provided under the following headings:
- Actions – Provides a drop-down allowing you to: Create Note – create a new note to attach to the client age record, view additional information about the client, namely Client Details – view client details, Contract management – view the client’s contract (if applicable) – this includes payment methods such as bank and account number, as well as details including contract number, collection day, and so on, or Transactions – view summary or detailed view of all client transactions. See Client Management and Contract Management for more details on editing. Click x Close when complete to return to the previous screen.
- Account # – The client’s account number.
- Name – The client’s name.
- Calculated – The date on which the ‘age in days’ was calculated, i.e. today’s date.
- Balance – The original account balance.
- Current – The current account balance.
- 30 – 180+ days – The amount outstanding for the specific number of days.