Some companies pay commission to sales consultants for each contract that the consultant sells to a client. If the contract does not meet certain criteria, for example if a collection fails within the first three months, then the commission paid to the sales consultant must be returned (clawed back).
The Clawback screen provides you with a list of client contracts that have:
- missed a payment within the first three (3) months of commencement.
- been marked for clawback, after being cancelled by the client (see Clients > Contract Management > Actions – Cancel). You can mark a contract for clawback when, for example, the customer cancels the contract within the first three months after commencement.
You can filter the list to display only contracts that had one or more failed payments within a three month period or that were cancelled by the client, since the selected ‘Filter By’ date.
Details of the contracts available for clawback are displayed under the following headings:
- Actions – Choose one of the following options:
- Create Note – Click Create Note if you want Billdozer to attach a note to the account in connection with the client account.
- Reprocess Arrears Invoices – Allows you to reprocess failed invoices by adding them to another batch for collection.
- Quick Receipt – Allows you to issue a receipt to the client if they have paid.
- Arrears Collection Policy – Allows you to specify an amount, or a percentage of the arrears, that must be paid in addition to the current payments, until the arrears amount has been paid up. Once the arrears has been paid up, Billdozer automatically deactivates the arrears collection policy.
- Client details – View/edit if necessary.
- Contract management – View/edit as required.
- Transactions – View the relevant client transactions.
- Mark As Clawed Back – You can mark a contract for clawback if, for example, the client cancels the contract within three months after commencement of the contract.
- Account Number
- Contract Number
- Collect on
- Last Contact
- Last Contacted By
- Follow Up Date
- Outstanding Balance
- Last Note
Email Clawback Report
Click Email Clawback Report to email a report to the recipient/s of your choice. This report contains a list of all contracts where the sales commission must be clawed back (returned). This includes the information displayed on the screen, as well as additional information such as client contact number and email address.