The allocations report lists all client refunds.
You can filter the list items by selecting one of the following radio buttons: Show All – shows all refunds (allocations), Receipt Allocations – only shows refunds associated to receipts, Debit Note Allocations – only shows refunds associated to debit notes, Credit Note Allocations – only shows refunds associated to credit notes. You can further refine the list to display only limited results. Click in the Date Allocated From and To fields, select the required dates from the resultant calendar view and click Go to show only refunds within the specified date range.
By default this screen displays all receipt, debit and credit note allocations. Information is provided under the following headings:
- Actions –
- Date allocated – Shows the date on which the funds were allocated.
- Account – The account number to which the allocation applies.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Receipt type – The type of payment on which the refund was processed, e.g. receipt note, credit note or debit note.
- Reference # – The reference number for the refund.
- Amount – The amount that was refunded.
- Type – Default = Invoice.
- Reference # – The invoice number.
- Amount – The total invoice amount.
- Allocated amount – The amount refunded.
Note: Filter the list on the required column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
Click the Export as (csv) icon (if required) to export the client refunds displayed on this screen to csv format. The resultant output file is typically opened in Microsoft Excel.
See also: How to Process Refunds