This screen allows you to import various data types into Billdozer using csv files exported from existing sources such as Pastel. This greatly reduces the amount of time it takes to enter client (and associated) data into Billdozer. The following data types can be uploaded/imported into Billdozer:
- Client Contact
- Bank Details
- Recurring Invoice
Imported data is reformatted into a format recognized by Billdozer. Each upload type allows you to create the necessary columns for that specific data type. For example, the Client upload type allows you to create column headings such as Title, First Name, Identity Number, Email Address, Company name, Telephone landline, Telephone mobile, and so on.
To import a CSV file:
- Select an existing upload template from the drop-down list, or choose the Create New option.
- Click + Choose to open the Windows Explorer dialogue.
- Browse to the relevant directory and select the required CSV file that you want to import/upload.
- Click Next when the upload is complete to display the imported file.
- Enter the required Description, Upload Type (from the drop-down list), Ignore first row setting (check box), and the Input Date Format (from the drop-down list).
- Click Assign Column in the relevant table column to open the Assign column dialog box.
- From the drop-down list, choose the required column name that you want to apply to the column, and click Assign to column when complete. A green tick is displayed to confirm the selection.
- Repeat the above step for each column as required. Note that you must use the scroll bar located above the Save Configuration button in order to view and configure each of the columns.
- Click Save Configuration when complete.
The imported data is used to automatically populate the fields on the associated Billdozer screen, for example Clients > Client Contacts, Clients > Client details, and so on.