Note: The contract holds details such as the contract number, the sales consultant responsible for the contract and documentation that is linked to the contract. If the contract is to be collected then it will be linked to a payment method (bank details or credit card) that is to be debited. The contract also holds the day of the month on which collection takes place.
This screen allows you to create a new client contract as follows:
- Choose Clients > Contract Management.
- Click Create New Contract. The New Contract screen is displayed.
- Click Select next to the client for whom you want to create a contract. Filter the client list by Account Number or Name if required.
- On the Client Information tab, confirm the client details.
- On the Payment Methods tab, select the required payment method. Click + Add Payment Method to add a new payment method if required.
- Enter the required payment method details, for instance, Payment Type (Bank Account or Credit Card), Bank Name (select from the drop-down list), Branch Code, Bank Account Number, Bank Account Name, and Bank Account Type.
- Check the Verify Bank Account check box if you want to verify these banking details with a verification authority. Note that this function incurs bank charges as determined by the verification authority.
- Click Save when complete to save the bank account details.
- On the Contract Management/Contract Details tab, check the Active check box to activate the contract.
- Enter the Contract Number, Sales Consultant, Contract Template (click Contract Template if required to add a new contract template). Contract Templates allow you to set up standard contracts with predefined charges. When you select a contract template, the charges defined on the template are copied to the new contract.
- Choose the Payment Method, the collection day if the collection falls on a Saturday or a Sunday (from the relevant drop-down list), and the date on which to collect the payment (1 to 30, or last day) .
- Click + Choose and attach a file if required.
- On the Contract Management/Charge Details tab, choose the required charge (if available) or click + Add Charge to create new charge details.
- Enter the required charge details such as Group (Management fee or Monthly admin fee), Type (choose One time – once off payment, Recurring – occurring on a regular basis or Usage – charge based on usability from the drop-down list), Run Interval (Weekly, Monthly or Other), Amount, Contract value (check box – check if you want the total contract value to be displayed), Run date (choose from the calendar), and Term (months). If you create a charge via Contract Management then you can only specify the amount. The Recurring Invoices feature allows you to create a single recurring charge with the added benefit of being able to create multiple line items per charge – see Recurring Invoices for more details if required.
- Click Add to add the charge details.
- Click Save when complete.
Invoices are automatically generated by the Billdozer charge service, which runs every hour.
Note: If you need to urgently process a batch of invoices for payment, you can manually trigger the charge service to initiate the immediate generation of invoices. Do this by clicking the Process Recurring Invoices button located on the Recurring Invoices Management.