- Click Create Invoice to open the Invoice screen.
- Search, by either Account Number or Name, for the client for whom you want to create an invoice, and click select to open the Invoice screen for the specific client.
- Create the invoice by entering the required information in the following fields:
- Click the Date icon next to the Date issued: field and select the date on which you want to issue the invoice.
- Click select batch (if required) to select an invoice batch.
- Enter the required information in the Info text field. This is supplementary information that is displayed on the invoice.
- Click in the Delivery date field and select the required invoice delivery date from the resultant calendar view.
- Enter the required information in the Item description, Quantity, Taxable and Unit Amount (Incl Tax or Excl Tax) – field is dependent on your tax configuration setting, and click Add Item when complete. Billdozer automatically displays the total cost for the item. Note that it is best practice to check the Taxable check box at all times (whether or not you are charging tax), unless you are certain that the line item in question is exempt from tax. If the check box is checked then Billdozer automatically starts adding tax to line items from the time the Merchant changes from a non-charging tax status to a charging tax status. If left unchecked, and a previously non-tax registered merchant starts to charge tax, they will have to manually edit all their existing recurring invoices because Billdozer will not add tax. See Merchant > Tax for more information on configuring your system for tax.
- Add more items if required. The total is updated to show the total for all items. To edit an item, click the Edit Item (pen icon) next to the required item and edit the required fields. To delete an item from the item list click the Delete Item (trashcan icon) next to the item you want to delete.
- Enter the required information in the Comments and Data fields, and then select the required invoice template from the Document drop-down list. The displayed invoice templates are those created under Merchant > Branding > Templates.
- Click Save and Close when complete to create the invoice.
Once an invoice has been created it will be sent automatically or manually depending on your email settings (see Messaging/Automated Email).
Note: If you added an incorrect invoice item entry you can delete the item before saving the invoice. You can then re-enter the item with the correct details.
- Invoice Management > Actions > Send for information on how to email an invoice to a client.