Users can be created and configured to have specific ‘privileges’ or ‘permissions’, which are a set of operations the user is authorized to perform. There are two categories of users recognised, ‘Administrator’ and ‘Other’. The ‘Administrator’ has access to the complete set of Billdozer permissions, while ‘Other’ will be limited to operations and tasks relevant to a specialised role. If, as a user, you are not authorized for certain tasks, the related menu items are disabled and hidden from your view. An additional feature includes the option of only providing users access to invoices they have created.
Access permission are set up by the merchant’s Administrator. If you are not able to access the tasks that your role requires, consult your Administrator.
To configure staff access with set permissions for required access level:
- Select the Merchant tab in the top navigation menu. The User Management screen is displayed.
- Click Create User. The Create User screen is displayed.
- Enter the required user details, fields include:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Password – Your password must meet certain password strength criteria. The password strength is displayed in bar form, for instance “Password is weak”, “Password is good, and “Password is strong”.
- Verify password – Re-enter your password to confirm.
- Email Address – the email address of the user.
- Landline number – the 10 digit telephone number of the user.
- Mobile number – the mobile number of the user
- Select the required User Role:
- Admin – Provides access to all Billdozer functionality, for instance: Clients, Accounting, Debit Orders, Arrears Management, Commissions, Messaging, Reports, Import
- Other – Select each check box as required to provide the selected functionality for the specific user.
- Configure the required invoice access control by selecting the required check boxes to enable the specific invoice permission/s for the user. Options include Delete invoices, Edit invoices or User can only view invoices they have created.
- Click Save when complete.