This option determines how your Billdozer system manages tax when you generate invoices or recurring invoices.
This screen allows you to view and edit tax rates configured in your Billdozer system. You can also add new tax rates if required.
View Tax Rate
By default, if you choose Merchant > Tax, all tax rates currently configured in Billdozer are displayed on the screen under the following headings:
- ID – The ID number of the tax charge. Click the View Tax Rate (magnifying glass icon) next to the relevant tax charge to open a detailed view.
- Description – To describe the type of tax charge (as applicable), for example Value Added Tax (VAT), Sales Tax.
- Rate – The percentage tax rate.
- Default – A check box to indicate whether or not Billdozer is using the tax rate as the default tax rate. If enabled (checked), the tax rate is applied to each item on an invoice.
The Default inclusive check box next to the Edit button indicates if the Default tax charge (see
Edit Tax Rate
- Click the View Tax Rate (magnifying glass icon) next to the relevant tax charge to open a detailed view of the tax rate. The View and edit Tax Rates screen is displayed.
- Click Edit and edit the required fields, namely Description, Tax percentage, Currency (choose from the drop-down list), and Default tax rate (check the check box if you want the tax rate to be the default tax rate).
- Click Save & Close when complete to save the updated tax rate.
If you only want to change the status as to whether or not default tax is included in the total amount on your invoices:
- Click Merchant > Tax.
- Click Edit.
- Toggle the status of the Default inclusive check box as required.