The View Payment Methods screen displays a list of all your contract clients, and provides a summary of the payment method for each of your contract clients.
Note: This option is only available to administrators.
Choose a radio button to filter the list to display the payment methods according to the following criteria:
- Show All – displays all payment methods.
- Errors – only displays payment methods with errors.
- Warnings – only displays payment methods with warnings.
- Information – only displays payment methods with associated information.
- Actions – Click Select and choose the required option from the drop-down, namely: View Payment Method – to see detailed information about the selected client’s payment method (see View Payment Method below), Send Payment method update request – to update the selected payment method, or Clear Errors – to clear errors on the selected payment method (click Yes to confirm).
- Account Number – The client’s Billdozer account number.
- Name – The client’s name.
- Type – The payment method type, for example, bank account.
- Bank – The name of the client’s bank.
- Bank Account Number – The client’s bank account number.
- Sort Code – The bank’s sort code (branch code).
- Card Number – The bank card number.
- Expiry date – Typically displayed on the front of the bank card.
- Assigned to Active Repeating Invoice – Determines which clients are displayed. Click Select Assigned/Unassigned to toggle the switch as required. If, for example, you select Unassigned, then only clients whose payment methods are not assigned to a repeating invoice are displayed. Payment methods can be viewed and updated by clicking Select > View Repeating invoice in the Actions column under Accounting > Repeating Invoices.
- Emailed – An envelope icon is displayed in this column if the client has been emailed.
- Billdozer Id – The Billdozer Id is only relevant to clients who interact with Billdozer via Web Services, and is used to update clients. It is automatically generated by Billdozer, and uniquely identifies each client.
You can also view the cards based on when they are due to expire. Choose the relevant radio button (1 month, 2 months, 3 months, or 4 months) to display only the cards that are due to expire after the selected time period. Alternatively, to view all expired cards check the Show all expired cards check box. Click Reset if you want to return to the default view.
Note: Additional filtering on this list can be done by column heading (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists).
The summary of the payment method for each of your contract clients is provided under the following headings:
View/Edit Payment Method
- Click Select > View Payment Method in the Actions column of the contract client. The selected client’s Client Contract screen is displayed.
- Select the Payment Methods tab and click Edit.
- Click the Edit (pen icon) to edit the selected bank payment method details, such as bank name, branch code, bank account number and so on.
- Edit the bank details and click Save to Contract when complete.
The audit – edit history hyperlink is used to view an audit trail of the payment method for this contract client. This shows all changes that have been made to this payment method.
Add Payment Method
Note: A newly added bank payment method will automatically be allocated to all new contracts for the selected client.
- Click + Add Payment Method to add a new payment method.
- Enter the payment method details, for instance, Payment Type (Bank Account or Credit Card), Bank Name (select from the drop-down list), Branch Code, Bank Account Number, Bank Account Name, and Bank Account Type.
- Click Save to Contract when complete to save the bank account details.