A credit note is typically issued to correct errors made in a sales invoice, which has already been processed and sent to a client. For example if you issued an invoice for R1100 for an item when the correct price should have been R1000, you can issue a credit note to the client and give credit for the R100 that was overcharged. You can also issue a credit note for specific line items on an invoice. For example, if the client has returned certain line items on an invoice that have already been paid for, you can issue a credit note for the amount of those returned line items only.
Billdozer makes it easy to create and send credit notes to clients. Once a credit note is created it can be sent either manually or as an automated email notification (see Messaging tab for details).
Click in the Date Issued From and To fields and select the dates from the respective calendars to determine the credit notes you want to display. Click Go to generate a list of all credit notes issued within the selected date range.
By default this screen displays all credit notes that have been created for clients. Information is provided under the following headings:
- Actions – Provides various options relating to the management of specific client credit notes. Click the Actions down arrow and select from the drop-down list, namely:
- View Credit Note – opens a detailed view of the selected credit note. If the credit note has not yet been emailed to the client, you can still edit it by clicking Edit, making the changes and then clicking Save and Close.
- Download Pdf – Creates a pdf output of the selected credit note for viewing purposes.
- Email Credit Note – Opens an Email Credit Note dialogue, which allows you to select email recipients, choose an email template, enter comments and upload attachments. Click Email when complete to email the selected credit note, or click Close to exit.
- Date issued – Shows the date on which the credit note was issued.
- Account – The account number to which the credit note applies.
- Client – The name of the client.
- Contract – The client contract number, which will be associated with the credit note.
- Ref – The reference number of the credit note.
- Info – Additional information entered in the Info field on the credit note to provide supplementary information about the credit note.
- Total – The total of the credit note.
- Pmnt – The payment status of the credit note, for instance Credited.
- O/s – The amount still outstanding on the original invoiced amount.
- Emailed – Indicates whether or not the credit note has been emailed to the client. If already emailed (envelope icon), it indicates the date and time that it was emailed.
- Billdozer Id – The Billdozer Id is only relevant to clients who interact with Billdozer via Web Services, and is used to update clients. It is automatically generated by Billdozer, and uniquely identifies each client.
Note: Filter the list by column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
Click the arrow button to navigate to another screen.
Click the Export as (csv) icon if you want to export this receipt list to a format that can be viewed and edited in, for example, Microsoft Excel.