This option allows you to view, edit or deactivate existing clients. You can also create new clients.
By default, choosing the Clients tab displays a list of all existing clients.
Use the Filter on contract number field and Go button to search for a specific client.
Do additional filtering on the list by selecting the Show All, Errors, Warnings or Information radio button.
Client information is provided under the following headings:
- Actions – Click Select to provide additional information about the client from a drop-down list, namely: View Client details – view client details, View Contract – view details about the client’s contract, such as payment methods, contract management details (if applicable), History Transactions – view summary or detailed view of all client transactions, Resend welcome email – if configured under Client Zone > Users – Subscription Notifications, or Download Client Profile PDF – if configured under General Settings > Branding – Templates – Client Profile.
Click x Back where applicable to return to the previous screen.
- Date Created – The date on which this client was created.
- Account Number – The client’s account number.
- Name – The client’s name.
- ID Number – The client’s ID number.
- Email Address – The client’s email address (if applicable).
- Notify – Determines which clients are displayed. Click the Select Yes/No toggle switch as required. If, for example, you select No, then the screen displays only clients who are not configured to have invoices emailed to them automatically. The Automatically email invoices option can be set by clicking Select > View Client details in the Actions column (see above). It can also be set by clicking Select > View Contact Person in the Actions column under Clients > Client Management > Contact Persons, or from Clients > Contact Persons.
- Category – The category in which the client is placed.
- Billdozer Id – The Billdozer Id is only relevant to clients who interact with Billdozer via Web Services, and is used to update clients. It is automatically generated by Billdozer, and uniquely identifies each client.
- Miscellaneous – Additional icons are available to indicate if a client is currently active or not. A trashcan icon is available to delete a client if required – see also Deactivate Clients below, and an envelope icon is displayed to indicate that they have a message.
Note: Filter the list by column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
- Search for a specific client by filtering the Account Number, Name or Category columns. See Common Tasks/Filtering Lists.
- Click the Actions down arrow button next to the client you want to edit and select the Client details option.
- Click Edit, select the tab/s and edit the fields. See also Create New Clients for more information on the fields that can be edited.
- Click Client Notes if you want to view or add client notes. See also Quick Notes for more information.
- Click x Save and Close when complete to save the updated information.
Note: Client information can only be edited it cannot be deleted. Alternatively a client account can be deactivated (see below).
Clients can be deactivated if, for example, their contract is complete or if they no longer need to receive invoices.
When you deactivate a Client you automatically turn off all Contracts and Repeating Invoices under that client. The client is removed from the Client Management screen, but will be visible on the View Deactivated Clients screen, from where it can be reactivated if required. You cannot create new Repeating Invoices for a deactivated Client.
To deactivate a client:
- Click the Deactivate Client (trashcan) icon next to the client you want to deactivate. A client deactivation confirmation dialogue is displayed.
- Click Yes to deactivate the client or No to abort the process.