- Click Create Recurring Invoice to open the Recurring Invoice screen.
- Search, by either Account Number or Name, for the client for whom you want to create a recurring invoice, and click select to open the Recurring Invoice screen for the specific client.
- Create the recurring invoice by entering the required information in the following fields:
- Check the Active check box if you want the recurring invoice to be in the Active state.
- Click in the Start Date field and select the date on which you want to start the recurring invoice.
- Enter the Term (months) for the recurring invoice to determine for how long the recurring invoice remains active, for example 6 months, 12 months, 24 months.
- Choose the required run interval Weekly, Monthly or Other to determine how often the recurring invoice will run. If Weekly, choose the required day on which to initiate the recurring invoice, for example Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and so on. If Other, choose the required month/s on which to initiate the recurring invoice, for example January and July (for a bi-annual recurring invoice), or March, June, September and December (for a Quarterly recurring invoice), and so on.
- Enter the required information in the Info text field. This is supplementary information that is displayed on the recurring invoice.
- Enter the required information in the Item description, Quantity, Taxable and Unit Amount (Incl Tax or Excl Tax – field is dependent on your tax configuration setting), and click Add Item when complete. Billdozer automatically displays the total cost for the item. Note that we recommend that you check the Taxable check box (whether or not you are charging tax – see Merchant > Tax), unless you are certain that the line item in question is exempt from tax. If the check box is checked then Billdozer automatically starts adding tax to line items from the time the Merchant changes from a non-charging tax status to a charging tax status. If left unchecked, and a previously non-tax registered merchant starts to charge tax, they will have to manually edit all their existing recurring invoices because Billdozer will not add tax.
- Click Add Item when complete.
- Add more items if required. The total is updated to show the total for all items. To edit an item, click the pen icon next to the required item and edit the required fields. To delete an item from the item list click the trashcan icon next to the item you want to delete. If you added an incorrect invoice item entry you can delete the item before saving the recurring invoice. You can then re-enter the item with the correct details.
- Enter the required Payment collection details to determine how payment will be collected as follows.
- Check the Collect payment with contract check box if you want the client to be able pay the invoice by clicking a payment link from within the invoice.
- Configure the required collection parameters, namely Collect on which day of the month (1 to 30, or Last day) – select from the drop-down box, Payment Method – select from the drop-down box. If there are no options available, or if you want to add alternate banking details, click the add payment method link to create the additional required payment methods. Note that if you check the Verify Bank Account check box the configured bank account will be verified against the Identifier. This verification process incurs additional bank costs. Click Save to save each payment method.
- Click Save and Close when complete to create the recurring invoice.
Invoices are automatically generated by the Billdozer charge service, which runs every hour.
Note: If you need to urgently process a batch of invoices for payment, you can manually trigger the charge service to initiate the immediate generation of invoices. Do this by clicking the Process Recurring Invoices button located on the Recurring Invoices Management.