This option allows you to view, edit or deactivate existing clients. You can also create new clients.
By default, choosing the Clients tab displays a list of all existing clients.
Use the Filter on contract number field and Go button to search for a specific client.
Do additional filtering on the list if required by selecting the required radio button, Show All, Errors, Warnings or Information.
Client information is provided under the following headings:
- Actions – Provides additional information about the client from a drop-down list, namely Client Details – view the required client details or Transactions – view summary or detailed view of all client transactions. Click x Close when complete to return to the previous screen.
- Account Number – The client’s account number.
- Name – The client’s name.
- Category – The category in which the client is placed.
Note: Filter the list on the required column heading to obtain a more streamlined list (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists for more details).
- Search for a specific client by filtering the Account Number, Name or Category columns as required. See Common Tasks/Filtering Lists if required.
- Click the Actions down arrow button next to the client you want to edit and select the Client Details option.
- Click Edit, select the tab/s and edit the required fields. See also Create New Clients (if required) for more information on the fields that can be edited.
- Click Client Notes if you want to view or add client notes. See also View Notes and Quick Notes for more information if required.
- Click x Close when complete to save the updated information.
Note: Client information can only be edited it cannot be deleted. Alternatively a client account can be deactivated (see below).
Client’s can be deactivated if, for example, their contract is complete or if they no longer need to receive invoices.
Deactivated client details are no longer available on the Client Management screen, and can only be viewed on the View Deactivated Clients screen.
To deactivate a client:
- Click the Deactivate Client (trashcan) icon next to the client you want to deactivate. A client deactivation confirmation dialogue is displayed.
- Click Yes to deactivate the client or No to abort the process.