Note: Refer to Recurring Invoices for a quick way to create contracts and associated charges.
Multiple charges can be associated with a single contract.
By default, choosing the Charge Management option displays a list of all existing charges that you have created in Billdozer. These charges can be viewed or edited (see View Charges or Edit Charge respectively below).
Information for each charge is displayed under the following headings:
Note: Filter and order the list on the required column heading as required (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists and Ordering Lists for more details).
- Id – The charge identification number number.
- Actions – Choose Charge Calculator to calculate the charge for the relevant client. The charge calculator allows you to simulate the processing of a charge over a specified time period so you can identify the invoices that will be generated. Click Calculate to display the invoice(s) that will be generated for the specific charge. The following invoice information is displayed: Charge Date, Date Issued, Client, Due/Collect Date, and Total (to be collected).
- Active – Indicates whether the charge is still active.
- Account – The account number linked to the charge.
- Name – The client name.
- Contract – The contract number linked to the charge.
- Type – The charge type, for example weekly, monthly, recurring, and so on.
- Interval – How often the charge is collected, for example weekly, monthly, and so on.
- Charge Group – The charge group name, for example recurring invoice.
- Run on – The date on which the charge runs.
- Term – How long the charge will run, for example 6 months, 12 months, and so on.
- End – The last date on which to run the charge.
- Amount – The total amount of the charge.
- Search for the charge that you want to edit by filtering the list accordingly by Account Number, Name or Contract Number (see Common Tasks/Filtering Lists if required).
- Click the View Charge (magnifying glass) icon in the ID column next to the charge that you want to edit. The Client contract screen for the selected client is displayed.
- Click Edit.
- On the Contract Management/Charge Details tab, choose the Edit Charge (pen) icon to edit the selected charge.
- Edit the required charge details such as Group (Management fee or Monthly admin fee), Amount, Contract value (check box), and Term (months).
- Click Update to update the charge details or Deactivate to deactivate the selected charge.
- Click Save when complete.
- Click Close to exit the Client contract screen.